*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
This year, I’m participating in Reverb 2013 for the first time and taking a look back on the year.
One day left. Well, one day for me anyway. Today’s prompt:
Favorite things: Give us a list of your favorite things from 2013. Could be material items, food, people, anything!
Before I get started, of course, I had to add this:
This is an interesting question. I honestly don’t have any answers pop out at me. Since this last year has truly been one of constant change, struggle to learn on the fly, and growth I haven’t had much time to delight in anything. I mean, I do take a few moments here and there, but usually they’re just to breathe for a milisecond before Baby needs something (redirection, feeding, changing, playing, or cuddling).
Instead of calling it quits today, the day before the last #reverb13 post I’ll do, I’ve come up with a list of things I did enjoy this year:
- Damaris Pittman, our midwife, at Carolina Community Maternity Center, where Baby was born. I enjoyed all of the staff there, the facility, and their loving and genuine care throughout our pregnancy. The best birth experience I could have had.
- Hun’s gracious family. His mother and grandmother came to visit for a week, right after Baby was born. They were helpful and kind, caring, non-judgemental, and didn’t try in any way to take over anything Baby related. They simply helped clean up, feed us all, and allow me the space and time to rest, nurse, and heal. What a wonderful thing!
- The many trips we’ve taken as a family of 3 thus far. Some wonderful sights were seen. Beautiful sunsets, sunrises, quality time together. No distractions. Just us 3, creating our own adventures and exploring new places.
- Becoming a stay-at-home mother. Maybe I haven’t had all the time in the world. Maybe I’ve had quite a few struggles. Maybe I’m still finding my place as a mother and no longer practicing professional. Maybe I’ve wanted to do more. BUT. I enjoy not really having a clock dictate my life. I enjoy spending late mornings in bed with Baby. I enjoy seeing Baby’s smile when he wakes each day. I enjoy the flexibility my new “profession” allows me to change as I need, when and how I need, in the middle of something or go on unplanned adventures with my guys. I enjoy the time I’m afforded each day with Baby.
- Starting this blog. I may not be the best or the most knowledgeable. I may not be the most social. I may not do “all the right things”, but I write here in this space more days than not. I have this space to use as I need. I’ve met some other great bloggers. I’ve met others who are also new-ish to this blogging thing. I’m able to make friends without the weird social nuances to battle with.
- I’ve returned to enjoying cups of tea throughout the day.
- I think my most enjoyed through all of everything, has been the chance to keep plugging away at it all. The ability, without harsh criticism, to flow with the tides of Life, Change. I’ve experienced this year.
- Oh, and I thoroughly enjoyed the cooking and baking I did for Thanksgiving this year!
By the way, I will be watching The Sound of Music after I publish this post!