*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
Simple, quick, and easy homemade chili, done with a crock pot or good ol’ fashioned stove and stock pot!
1. Brown meat (if you’re using). I usually add just a bit of Adobo.
2. Grab some beans and throw them in the stock pot. (This time, I used 2 cans of chili beans.)
3. Cut up a couple potatoes, if desired. (Peel them if you’d like.) I also threw in just a touch of Gandules, which are green pigeon peas.
4. Add the browned meat, a touch of tomato sauce, about 1 can of water, and some spices. This time I used a touch of cayenne pepper, paprika, Adobo, oregano, garlic, and a hint of crushed red pepper. I can’t make it too spicy or Hun will be searching for something else to eat. You can leave out the spicy things altogether if you so desire as well.
5. Stir it all. Let it simmer on the stove on a low temperature for at least an hour.