*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
Some time ago, I came across The Mom Pledge with Elizabeth Flora Ross. Since I believe in all aspects of the pledge, I figured I’d proudly display the badge and write a post on why I think it’s such a great idea, thereby publicly ensuring my commitment to The Mom Pledge.
First, I want to start by sharing what the pledge is:
Now, I want you to know why this pledge is important to me:
- I believe that it’s my duty to help create a positive, loving, and nurturing environment for my child. It’s important that I conduct myself as a positive, loving, and nurturing person and mother. This is especially important when interacting with people I may not really know, i.e. the public, or online.
- Although I know I can, do, and will continue to, make mistakes as a parent (which I write about here) my goal is to always be a model for my child. I want to show him that even if something isn’t pleasant or I don’t agree, doesn’t mean I need to, in turn, be ugly or disrespectful to others.
- I appreciate that everyone’s life experiences, knowledge, and truth differs. This being said, I know that I’m not going to agree or even like what others’ choices in parenting and living are. At the same time, I may find great resource from someone whom I don’t agree on a topic or parenting style with.
- I recognize that others may not agree with something I have to say. In kind with the above, I know that it’s not my place to get everyone to agree or “side” with me on any issues when it comes to parenting and living. There are so many different ways to parent and live life and I’m certainly no master. With that being said, who am I to bash another because they disagree or don’t like what I have to say.
- Mothering, motherhood, and parenting are not easy. In essence, we’re all in this together. I might learn something from you, you might learn something from me. As mothers, parents, I think it’s important to really work together when it comes to parenting our individual children. There’s no one “right” or “wrong” way of doing so, we each only do the best we can with what he wave at any given moment. I support you and ask only that you are kind and support me as well.
If you’re so inclined, come along and take The Mom Pledge with me!