*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
Before I begin, I just want to say I’m re-writing this post. Apparently, it disappeared from the time I actually wrote it. Gone, not to be found anywhere in any drafts or published posts. I don’t know where or what happened to it and so here I am writing it again.
Lauren from over at Life in the Wilde has nominated me for the lovely Liebster Award, even stating she thinks my posts are relateable. I’m honored to have received this nomination, especially since it came while I was with my dad a couple weeks ago. It’s taken me over a week to get the post written and ready for publishing for nothing more than life being busy and attempting to re-settle home, plus last week’s travel with my dad again. Nonetheless, it means something and I’m very grateful to Lauren for the nomination!
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator has set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
3. Choose 11 people (with 200 followers or less) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Things About Me
1. I absolutely find that the quiet time in the morning keeps me balanced.
2. I’m not the best at keeping up with friendships, no matter how important that person is to me.
3. I struggle mightily in creating a happy, healthy, loving home for Hun and Baby Boy.
4. I’m a sometimes recovering perfectionist.
5. I don’t much like asking for help, it’s very very hard to get through the “I’m going to look dumb if I ask” thinking.
6. I would love a nice manicure and pedicure on occasion.
7. Sometimes I yearn for the freedom of time and space in being a non-parent, even on the easy days.
8. I want to have a homestead one day and live (mostly) off-grid.
9. I’ve never had much confidence in many of my abilities, more out of fear than anything.
10. I’m always working to overcome something.
11. I’m happy with who I am and the life I live today.
My Questions to Answer
1. What is your favorite app right now?
I just downloaded a CSI game, does that count? If not, how about Worpress and Bloglovin’ for mobile!
2. What/who inspires your writing most and ,why?
Easy – Hun and Baby Boy. Without either of them I wouldn’t be living this life today. Yes, I’d likely be happy enough, but living as fully and authentically as I am at the core wouldn’t be the same without them. Besides, I love documenting and sharing our journey with others.
3. What is your best family memory?
As a child, not many years after moving to this state, we went to the beach. It was the first time I’d really been to the beach as a kid since we’d moved from the west. I remember having a good time.
4. What is your favorite Bible Verse and, why?
I don’t regularly read the Bible and even when I did, never committed any verses to memory. I recognize some, but don’t memorize them. I do like this idiom from another part of my life, “Let Go and Let God”.
5. What is your favorite print? Floral, zebra, polka-dots, stripes???
I’ll go with stripes!
6. What started your blogging life?
Reading a few blogs while I was pregnant, then becoming a stay-at-home-mom and needing to do something more, yet with meaning.
7. What is something interesting/silly/fun about you that many people do not know?
I have 2 tattoos, both from the same artist after I was 30! These were gotten about a month before I met Hun and less than a year before we were pregnant with Baby Boy. I love these tattoos 🙂
8. What is your favorite post that you have written?
Recently, Motherhood Destination, which was also featured as a guest post on my friend Echo’s blog, Domain of the Mad Mommy.
9. Facebook or Instagram? And why?
I’m only on Facebook. I know I can’t handle that much, so for now I stick with Facebook.
10. If you could dream one up, what would you ideal occupation be?
The one I have right now, being a mom. Motherhood is my best occupation by far!
11. What is a goal that you have accomplished recently! C’mon, it’s ok to brag!
I made it a year blogging!
Questions for nominees:
1. Tell me about your highest achievement.
2. What’s the number one thing you have to do every day?
3. Where would you ideally like to live? Visit?
4. If you had to travel somewhere, but didn’t know where, which way would you prefer to travel (car, flying (like a bird), or swimming)?
5. What meal is your favorite to make? To eat? Why?
6. How often do you really let the kids do their own thing?
7. What percentage of the time in a day do you do what you love?
8. Tell me your best personal family memory (your current family, not childhood family).
9. Favorite book or movie to read/watch over and over?
10. One accomplishment you want to achieve by the end of the year.
11. Last year’s biggest accomplishment.
Now the nominees. Congratulations, each of you are wonderful and inspiring in your own way to me. I’m glad to be blogging friends with you!!
* Holley at Destino
* C. C. at Conscious Cacophony
* Andrea at Hand and the Heart
* Maureen at Momfeld
* Carmen at ShuGar Love
* Christy at Sweet and Savoring
* Bea at This Is Motherhood
* Sara Elizabeth at A Mama’s Story
* Laurel at Alphabet Salad
* onebreath at Now. Here. Life.
* Meagan at The Happiest Home