This Christmas was our first in our new place. One in which we searched high and low for, for months and months. This house gives us room to grow, mentally, physically, and spiritually. And affords us an expansive yard in both the front and back of the house. Our house has trees and a clothesline, an attached garage, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a humongous kitchen/dining room and plenty of beautiful windows with which to look out of.

window, view

window view, bedroom, fall leaves, window

birds, window, view,

We’ve worked hard for the last 2 months, battling illness and tiredness.  Our house is far from finished, as far as improvements go.  Still, we have some of our top items off the list.  There’s still so much we want to do to transform this house into our vision of home.

Hun’s family came, including a surprise by other family members we thought weren’t going to make it.

Everyone pitched in helping to moderately organize and do a little cleaning. There were some small decorating touches, making great impacts. Hun’s uncle helped install the kitchen floor.

updating, remodeling, flooring, christmas 2014, family

curtains, updating, remodeling, house, home, christmas
Not the best picture. I promise to get better ones of the house later.

A minor vehicle tragedy happened right in front of our house. Thankfully the driver that crashed into a pole and rental car wasn’t hurt.  The power pole did need replacing, which happened so quickly and was exciting for Monkey Boy to watch.  The rental car company was nice and the car was easily exchanged.

We even have a small table tree!

christmas, family, holidays, presents, tree
Sorry the photos a bit blurry

Hun’s family took over the kitchen, cooking so much Puerto Rican food!  Of course, it was all tasty and there aren’t any leftovers!

There are now living room curtains!

Baby Boy quickly recovered from his fever (likely teething induced) and played and ate and played some more.

Presents were bought, shared, opened, and enjoyed by all.

We made memories.  Some older memories were remembered.  Laughter and Love abounded.

Everyone enjoyed the house. All was well. And I even shed a few joyful tears!

Hun’s family freely accepts me into their lives.  They love me and I feel so grateful they’re part of my life, too.  They are a blessing in our lives.

I hope your holiday was filled with joy, love, laughter, play, good food, and grace.

Christmas 2014, Christmas, family, table, house
Another bad picture. This looks incredible in real life, I’ll try to get a better one soon.
christmas, christmas 2014, family, photo, fun, love, laughter, happy
Merry Christmas, from Us to You!! 😀

Wishing you and your family a safe, healthy, and happy New Year!  Let’s hang out some more in 2015!!

A Wonderful, Magical Christmas

11 thoughts on “A Wonderful, Magical Christmas

• December 31, 2014 at 11:15 pm

What a lovely group of folks!! Looks like you guys are blessed, indeed. So happy to have found your blog, I am excited to follow along your journey and see what 2015 brings!!

• January 1, 2015 at 3:56 am

Glad to have you along on our journey, Gingi! I’m sure happy you found my blog as well, since I’ve now found yours 🙂 Happy New Year and may you receive many blessings!

• January 1, 2015 at 3:09 am

Aww, glad you had good food and a merry Christmas!

• January 1, 2015 at 3:56 am

It really was lovely and I’m so grateful for the experience. Now, on to the New Year! I hope many great things happen for you and your family in 2015!! 🙂

• January 2, 2015 at 12:20 am

Aww! What a gorgeous photo.
    Glad you had a good food, no more fever, and a happy holiday.
    Glad you’re in a lovely new house with so many rooms (and at least two bathrooms is key for me).
    Happy New Year!

• January 2, 2015 at 6:48 am

Thanks on the photo! Coming from you, it must be pretty good!!

We have such an awesome house. Just today I commented to Hun, “You know, we really do have a big house with tons of space.” I’m so grateful for this house and we really got a great deal on it, too. The 2 bathrooms certainly has proved quite useful in our short time here lol 🙂

Happy New Year to you, too! 😀

• January 2, 2015 at 3:04 am

congrats on your beautiful new place! i’m glad everything worked out. happy new year 🙂

• January 2, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Yay for everyone pitching in and feeling settled! Glad you had a nice holiday. I like the yellow on the kitchen wall- our bathroom is almost the same color 🙂

• January 2, 2015 at 7:31 pm

I love the yellow. It brings me happy and happy is what our house is for us in so many ways! 🙂

• Pingback: December's Review