There are many ways I consider myself creative. I mean, isn’t creativity more than crafts or Pinterest inspired projects? For instance, here are some of the ways I consider myself creative.

Cooking

I may not be the best cook and may veer off a recipe more often than not. I may literally make something up with a few basic ingredients. And it’s well known at our house that I never make the same meal twice, if for no other reason than I don’t write much down or follow recipes anyway.

Homemade Worcestershire Sauce

recipe

Crocheting

I’ve taught myself what I know about crochet. Thanks to the Internet and YouTube. I love it though. The feeling of accomplishment and pride I get when I’ve completed a project is like fuel. When others receive my work positively, I get a burst of joy and excitement.  I love the feel of the yarn as it glides through my fingers. I really really like walking down the yarn aisle and seeing the different yarns. And I enjoy learning new stitches along the way.

crochet cap, baby boy, hat

breastfeeding, crochet, family, relax, 31 days of photography

crochet, sweater, baby, yarn

Blogging

Yes, I  consider blogging creative. Afterall, the mere definition of blogging is all about writing, creating content, sharing. From blog designing to writing to seeing the creative works of others, it’s all so much fun.

life breath present, logo, new look

Sewing

Again, basically self taught here, too. Before last year, I hadn’t used a sewing machine in any capacity since Home Ec in junior high. That was quite some time ago. And, if I’m being honest the thought if using a sewing machine was intimidating, it seemed so daunting. And I was afraid to break it somehow. Our sewing machine is anything but daunting though. Besides, unless I were to throw or drop it, it likely won’t break.  Since it mostly stays in one spot on the table, there’s not much risk there.

kitchen, curtain, curtains, sew, sewing, handmade, homemade, diy

Photography

I may not be anywhere near where I want to be. I may be a bit cautious about using the wonderful 35mm I have. I may not know that much about settings. And, for now, I may use nothing but my phone to take pictures. Still, I consider even my photography creating. Capturing moments in time, seeing a moment that needs capturing, is important.  Taking pictures is more than an activity for me, it’s a way to document and love all the moments.  It’s important.

So, tell me, do you consider yourself creative?  In what ways do you most enjoy creating for yourself or your family?

What I Consider as My Creative Endeavors

14 thoughts on “What I Consider as My Creative Endeavors

• January 26, 2015 at 10:05 am

You sure are creative! I think all your crafts looks so pretty. Amazing that you have taught yourself to crochet. I really like the fabric you used to the curtain.

• January 26, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Thanks Charlotte! I love the little creativity I’m discovering I have. I never thought of myself as creative until I became a SAHM and had the mental space 🙂

• January 26, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Thanks for the compliment, Gingi! I’m still learning, but I certainly love the process. Even with Baby Boy climbing all over, I know at the end I’ll have a nice piece to share with my family or others and that just makes my heart swell.

Too bad you live so far, I wouldn’t mind helping you learn some basics and sending encouragement your way as you work through something lovely! 🙂

• January 27, 2015 at 2:16 am

I seriously wish I could teleport all of my blogging buddies into my town, haha. And I don’t know how you can focus with a little one crawling on you! That’s part of the reason why I don’t really sew anymore.. I get too frustrated and distracted when Tessa gets needy and decides I’m a good jungle gym.. so the fact that you can get ANYTHING done is crazy impressive!!!
        Gingi recently posted…Tessa Playing in the Goat PenMy Profile

• January 27, 2015 at 12:50 pm

That’d be great, a nice community filled with nothing but blog friends lol

Oh, don’t think I don’t get frustrated and sometimes lose it a little. Baby Boy plays pretty well alone, but near me. There are times though I can’t do anything, but play with him. 🙂

• January 27, 2015 at 2:42 pm

How old is he, if you don’t mind me asking? I am curious when (if ever) this crawling all over mom stage will end lol…
            Gingi recently posted…Tessa Playing in the Goat PenMy Profile

• January 27, 2015 at 3:15 pm

He’s 21 months and a few days! I’m not so sure if this stage will ever end lol. Seriously, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen through other children and bloggers that the constant jungle gym=mom thing might end sometime in year 2, but we’ll see….

• January 27, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Oh man, you are my new hero 🙂 I use breastfeeding time as an excuse to catch up on all my shows. Haha!

There are so many ways one can be creative! They don’t have to be a painter or sculptor or designer or crafter per se. All one needs is an imagination and an innovative spirit to bring to light new ways to view, create or go about doing something. Or, one can decide not to re-invent the wheel and just ENJOY creating in tried and true ways! I think creativity lives in our spirit.

• January 27, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Yes! Creativity is such a wonderful thing and, as you said, sometimes it’s all about perspective! 🙂

• January 28, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Thank you! I really enjoy creating things and absolutely love the process of creating! 🙂

• January 30, 2015 at 4:01 pm

I love the multi-tasking photo of the nursing/making art. It’s wonderful. I do think I’m creative but I don’t do anything well that is domestic. No cooking or crafting very well. I wish!

• January 30, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Tamara, you are quite creative. Cooking and crafting don’t have to be your creative slants. In fact, I love your writing and (of course) your photography and that’s plenty creative in my opinion. In fact, I wish I were better with words, as you are. 🙂