Monkey Boy loves going to the park. I’m so glad we happen to have a neighborhood park that’s so close to our house! Seriously, the walk couldn’t be any easier (unless we lived across the street). Even if I don’t take Monkey Boy in the jogger, we can get there is about 5 minutes! And the park has everything we need – a swing set, a slide, grass, mulch, open space, a small table/shelter, and even a little creek!

Since we’ve found this little park, I try to make point to go at least once a week. Minus some extremely cold days and rainy days, we have hit that goal. It’s a good thing for me to, getting out of the house, walking around. Our neighborhood is so quiet all the time, it amazes me that we don’t hear more than cars going by.

Being outdoors, in the sun, or semi-sun, feeling the breeze, hearing the birds and the cars and the dogs, is so good for us. We both get some fresh air, we get some sunshine, we get our bodies moving, and we get a change of scenery. So far, it seems we might be the youngest family around, but that’s ok. We still have so much fun!

shelter, park, neighborhood

collecting dirt, play, playing, park, fun, toddler,

playing, neighborhood, park, play, slide, big boys, older children, toddler, fun, winter
Playing with the big boys!

slide, park, neighborhood, park, playing, play, toddler, fun, winter

slide, park, neighborhood, park, playing, play, toddler, fun, winter

stick, park, playing, play, toddler, boy, fun, winter, park

collecting dirt, playing, play, toddler, fun, winter, park, play,
Collecting more dirt

park, playing, toddler, dirt, happy, fun, winterAdventures at the park...in winter! Click To Tweet

Monkey Boy at the Park

14 thoughts on “Monkey Boy at the Park

• February 20, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Look at all that HAIR!!! Oh my goodness! What a cutie you have! I can’t wait for the weather to normalize (and walking to not, ya know, hurt, haha) so Tessa and I can resume our daily walks to the park! We live right around the corner from one! Of course, next time we’ll have a new baby in tow.. STILL trying to wrap my head around THAT one! hehe! <3 – http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com
    Gingi recently posted…My Thoughts and Fears About Having a Second BabyMy Profile

• February 20, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Oh yeah….so many things are just automatically different when a new baby comes home! I’m so excited to meet your newest little one!

Isn’t it nice to have a park so close to home? 🙂

• February 21, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Ooh, those I’m sure would be fun to look at. I love that we’re so close to the park and this is something we didn’t know when we looked at and ultimately decided to buy this house. It’s like a fun little perk that makes me so happy! As moms, it’s the little things, no? lol 🙂

• February 20, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Oh, how nice to have a park so close to your home. It looks and sounds like a park for many adventures with Baby Boy. He is so cute and what a lovely hair his got.
    We have a playground on the yard and the forest is right behind our appartment building across a field. I wish all kids had a park nearby their house. It is so great for them (and their parents).
    Charlotte recently posted…Compassion in Everyday LifeMy Profile

• February 20, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Yes! Boy are you right about parks (or any safe play space really) being so good for kids and their parents! I look forward to hearing about your adventures with your new baby in the forest or on the playground! 😉

• February 23, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Thank you, Jennifer! I love that Baby Boy enjoys the park so much…and how fortunate are we to have one so close to home! 🙂

• February 23, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Yes! Baby Boy has had his fascination with sticks since he was a wee baby. I just laugh and smile, it’s so cute. Often, he’ll find a stick and hold it up proclaiming, “sick sick”! 🙂

• February 23, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Yes! I’m sorry about the northeastern winter this year. It seems it’s been one of those continuous blasts of cold and snow and more cold and wind….Despite the fact that snow is pretty and there’s fun to be had in it, it’s also rather wearing on the soul, if you will! 🙂

• February 24, 2015 at 8:17 pm

What a cutie! My son used to collect sticks and put them in a big pile – that could keep him occupied for hours! Right now our playgrounds are covered in ice and snow, but spring has to be here soon, right?
    Dana recently posted…What grown-ups doMy Profile

• February 25, 2015 at 12:04 am

I sure hope spring is coming soon. A little more snow for us today makes me wonder though lol. 🙂