I’ve been on a few South Carolina vacations in my life, but it’s been awhile. The beach there can be fun and exciting. I think I care less for the major beaches, like Myrtle, instead preferring the quieter ones.

Charleston, SC is a place rich with tons of history. But there’s also some beach to be seen there, too. It’s been a few years since the last time I’ve been to a beach. I really want to take Monkey Boy though.

I want to see his reaction when he sees the ocean up close for the first time. He loves the water and will play in anything water, even his cup. In fact, since we had other things come up last year and looked for our house, we didn’t travel very much. And trips to the water park nearby aren’t quite the same for any of us.

So, maybe we’ll take a trip to a beach some time this year. Since Charleston, SC has so much to offer, I think it’d be a great place to go as a family. I will admit, my fondest memories of my trips to Charleston are from my last trip. But that life seems almost like another one lived. Just take a look for yourself.

beach, hilton head island, south carolina, beach, charleston, vacation, trip, single

beach, charleston, south carolina, beach, ocean, single, vacation, hilton head island

When we look to travel somewhere no family or friends live, we have to look into the available accommodations. I’ve used Motels.com before and always found it simple enough to use.  So, for booking a hotel for our family, I’ll be sure to check out these are fantastic deals on hotels in Charleston from Motel.com!

Travel to Charleston, South Carolina for Vacation

13 thoughts on “Travel to Charleston, South Carolina for Vacation

• February 17, 2015 at 9:27 am

Charleston seems like a great vacation destination. I had to google to get to know the town a little. I understood it is a historical place with lots of things to see and do. And the size of Charleston (number of citizens) sounds perfect. Large enough to do some sightseeing but small enough not to be crowded. I think Baby Boy would love to “surf” the waves on the beach. Building sandcastles and splash his feet.

We both have a past when things were different. I used to be called a party princess and were a bit wild (and crazy?) lol I cannot think of myself in those terms any more. A more simple, down to earth and calm person has taken over. And I love the way I turned out. You look great on the pictures. I really like the one on the beach – you look so happy. Your smile breaks through 🙂
    Charlotte recently posted…Redesign old sheets for your babyMy Profile

• February 17, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Awww, thanks Charlotte for such sweet comments. Yeah, it’s interesting to remember me and different points in life and to look at myself now. I’m very happy with where I’m at and quite pleased I have a few memories I can look back on fondly. My real yearning to be like I have been isn’t there though. Having my one true life partner and then building our family with Baby Boy is much better in so many ways…

And Charleston is a great city. The historical sights and proximity to the ocean, etc is so much fun! 🙂

• February 17, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Ha! That is a grand list, but I think they’re all worth visiting. I’d actually love to visit each of the places you mentioned….and how hard of a choice it would be to pick one over the other.

Charleston can be so fun because it has such rich history! 🙂

• February 17, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Hey there mama! So wonderful to come across this and see how you all are doing. Congrats on the house! My oldest is a freshman at College of Charleston. Goes by way too quickly. Hugs all around!

• February 17, 2015 at 8:18 pm

O M G! I am so Super stoked to see you found me here! I will have to send you an email soon (something I’ve been meaning to do anyway)! 🙂

• February 18, 2015 at 3:41 pm

My friends live in Charleston but I’m not sure I’ve ever been! I seem to think I have most definitely passed through many years ago.
    We used to go to Myrtle Beach every summer! I miss that a lot. I’d love to go right now, just to get away from New England’s gripping winter.
    Tamara recently posted…Is This The Real Life Or Just Fantasy?My Profile

• February 18, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Yeah, you all have been hit hard up there lately. Myrtle Beach is fun in it’s own way. I think you and the family would really enjoy Charleston, what with all of it’s history and other fun things to do! 🙂

• February 19, 2015 at 3:27 pm

LOVE beach trips! My favorite has always been Tybee Island, GA- it’s a small, quiet little island where the beach is the main focus. I always feel like I’m home when I go there and it’s just across the bridge into SC. Annnnnnd, 20 minutes into Savannah, filled with moss lined hundred year old oaks, ahhhhh, like stepping back in time- and after all that reminiscing, I really want to go! Glad you had such a great time!
    Amy @thelittlefarmdiary recently posted…Man DownMy Profile

• February 19, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Your description has me wanting to go to Tybee Island, GA! I’ve never been, but close to Savanna and moss lined trees!! 🙂

• February 26, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Oh, I feel you about the popular beaches. Waikiki gives me anxiety cause there are SO MANY PEOPLE. Like, how can I keep track of my kids in the ocean when there’s like another hundred little heads bobbing up and down too? ::shudders::

I prefer the quieter, less-visited ones. That way I can hear my thoughts while I take it all in 🙂

P.S. Don’t forget about the lady in the pictures 🙂 She’s important too 😉

• February 27, 2015 at 1:16 am

Awww, Shelly, what important words you say here! I work at not forgetting that lady, as I know without her I wouldn’t be where I am. And it’s so much fun to just be kinda her for a little bit sometimes!

Crowds can be so nerve-wracking when trying to keep up…or in the sheer unpredictability of them. 🙂

• Pingback: February - The Month of Love