In the blogging world, trends often happen. Sometimes they’re centered around holidays or special events, sometimes around DIY projects, sometimes around opinions or ideas or current events. Sometimes they just happen.

Recently, this “Currently Lately” theme is one that’s cropped up.  And, though I don’t always follow the trends, or more honestly, sometimes I’m late to them or overwhelmed or it’s just not the time for me, this is one that’s not far off my regular base.

I enjoy updating you all on what’s going on in our lives and what things I’ve been up to lately, so without further ado, here’s my current happenings.

Also, I want to say thank you to my blogging friends, Tamara from Tamara Like Camera, and Echo from Domain of the Mad Mommy for bringing this trend to my attention.

Reading: Many borrowed library books for Baby Boy, Speak Now: Marriage Equality on Trial, crafting books for ideas and inspiration, and blogs. Of course, blogs. There are so many great bloggers in my Bloglovin’ feed.

reading, books, library, summer, currently, lately

Planning: Lately, it’s all for Baby’s arrival.  We’re also going on a little a trip to see out of state family and our newest niece! Plus, more time in the water…

hiking, waterfall, travel, family, fun, mountains, forest, playing, adventure

Stressing: Exercise and water are Huge focuses for me. Transitioning Baby Boy onto his own mattress. We haven’t started and really need to.

Wishing: I’m all about wishing that Turtle Baby’s arrival is more spiritual/emotional and without stress immediately following, than it was for me with Monkey Boy. Also, that there was a closer lake we could dive into more frequently….

sky, trip, travel, family, lake, memorial, blue, clear

Feeling: The annoyance of my pregnancy induced carpel tunnel, strong, confident, healthy, and happy. And, definitely Turtle Baby’s daily and harder kicks as s/he plays and grows.

Listening: To the soft breath of Baby Boy sleeping, the chirping of birds.

Thinking: Oh, when do I ever stop.  I think about Turtle Baby and the wonder of having this opportunity to bring forth another child.  What the changes in our family with a second child will be like.  I marvel at my motherhood journey, and my body’s accomplishment and breastfeeding Turtle Baby.  I also keep thinking about whether Monkey Boy will resume nursing and what it would be like for me to tandem nurse. Also, what special thing we’ll do just for Turtle Boy soon before his sibling arrives.

Loving: All things fun. The sunshine. Our growing Turtle Baby. Our beautiful family. Our wonderful midwife. Supportive family members. My body.

sky, trip, travel, family, lake, memorial, blue, clear

Wearing: Comfortable and cool clothes. I’ve been wearing a few dresses and definitely enjoying easy simple stretchy tank tops!

pregnancy, growth, family, 22 weeks, second trimester, park, fourth of july, independence day, fun

Hoping: Mostly that my fourth trimester will be a bit easier than it was with Monkey Boy.  Also, that my carpel tunnel won’t get much worse for the remainder of this pregnancy.

What have you been reading, planning, stressing, wishing, feeling, listening to, thinking, loving, wearing, and hoping lately?  Have any tips on carpel tunnel or the fourth trimester?  Any advice for tandem nursing?

Currently…..

8 thoughts on “Currently…..

• July 17, 2015 at 9:25 pm

You look so pretty and happy – it makes me glad to see. During the fourth trimester I advice you to rest and recharge even more. Keep a slow pace. Fill the freezer with food – cook and prepare so you got meals ready to eat. Ask for help now and when your baby has arrived.
    Charlotte recently posted…Where would you go?My Profile

• July 19, 2015 at 12:44 pm

So sweet, Charlotte! I’m really feeling good…and its so nice to be consistently happy 🙂

• July 20, 2015 at 4:57 am

I read several of your posts. I enjoy the happy and positive attitude they exhume. I can’t express how personable you seem and how sweet I found your posts about your so cute baby boy. He is adorable. All energy (even when he sleeps while eating or standing against the couch) and smiles. 🙂
    TwoPlusCute recently posted…Taking the Living Room by StormMy Profile

• July 20, 2015 at 5:03 am

Awww, what sweet compliments. I’m glad you enjoy my postsand found them to be happy and positive. I strive to maintain that in my life overall and it definitely feels good to know it’s coming across to others as well.

Baby Boy is such a joy…and at times frustrating, but he is lovely and I’m truly grateful to have him in my life. 😀

• July 20, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I am so happy for you! I gave birth at the end of July, so believe me, I know how valuable those stretchy tank tops are! I hope that your second birth is stress free and spiritual for you. I know that my second was a lot different from my first.
    Echo recently posted…Random ThoughtsMy Profile

• July 20, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Thank you, Echo, for the kind words. I’m glad to hear your second was different than your first! 🙂

• July 20, 2015 at 8:44 pm

That water photo is fantastic!! I also love your book choices.
    I had carpal tunnel with Des. Only for a bit and I got something at the drugstore for it. Wrist bands? Or something compression like? It helped!
    As for the fourth trimester, nothing could have prepared me for it either time, but support and self-care helped immensely.
    Tamara recently posted…Summer Vacation: Being Ready For Anything.My Profile

• July 21, 2015 at 11:31 am

I do think I need a new compression wrist band, as the one I have doesn’t seem to help. I had to use it so much last pregnancy. I’m also trying some extra B6, to see if that will help at all. Self care for fourth trimester…Yes! I need to do better than last time 🙂