*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
Welcome to the July 2015 Carnival of Natural Parenting: Summer Fun
This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Carnival of Natural Parenting hosted by Hobo Mama and Code Name: Mama. This month our participants have talked about how to get out and enjoy the warmer season as a family.
Summer is all about play. For many, summer used to be this wonderful time of the year when there wasn’t much to do. Summer was a time with few responsibilities. I could read and play as much as I wanted and the days were long and filled with sunshine.
That was back when I was a kid.
Summer marked a time of growth and transition from one school year to the next.
My responsibilities are much greater now. Yet, I know summer can still be wonderful, full of play, reading, and fun in the sun.
Baby Boy is far from “school aged” and we don’t ‘officially’ homeschool him yet. I’m grateful to be able to stay home with him each day, so our overall routine doesn’t change in summer. We do a few things a bit differently though.
There’s more time outside, basking in the beauty of the sun.
Time at the park.
So much more water play.
Great cold glasses of water. And some homemade “ice cream”.
The lovely scent of clothes dried on the line, with that summer sun warmness to them!
Also, thanks to Hun, a beautifully mown yard!
How has your summer shaped up so far? Are you enjoying many relaxing days or are you busy all the time?
Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:
- All my Summers — The Barefoot Mama reflects on summers past and talks about the changing dynamics of her family life.
- Wild summer days — Stoneageparent shares some of the many delights the summer offers to her already nature loving, outdoor family.
- How to Make a Messy Fun Car Emergency Kit (+ a Recipe for Homemade Disinfecting Wipes) — It can be a huge pain to clean up muddy, sandy kids before they climb in the car, but what would childhood be without the wonder of dirt and mud and nature?! Today Dionna at Code Name: Mama is sharing a few handy things to keep in the trunk of your car year-round so that you feel more comfortable with the mess.
- The Best Part of Summer — Rachael at The Variegated Life has a portable escape route that helps her enjoy all of summer.
- 8 Summer Picture Books for Toddlers & Preschoolers — Holly at Leaves of Lavender offers a list of eight picture books that celebrate the warmth of summer.
- How to help your kids run a marathon, mile by mile — Lauren at Hobo Mama shares how to make a family racing goal manageable even for movement-averse children with regular small-scale training and lots of motivation.
- Montessori-Inspired Compass Rose Activities and Outdoor Compass Walks — Deb Chitwood at Living Montessori Now shares links to free Montessori-inspired compass rose printables along with compass activities and outdoor compass walks … perfect for summer learning.
- Summer Takes — A quick look through pictures of what Life Breath Present and family have been up to so far this summer!