*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
This series is designed to share some of the great things I’ve found on the web over the last few weeks. I’ll be posting this series every month. I hope you find some things in here to spark your thinking, bring some inspiration, or even introduce you to something new and wonderful or exciting.
* Pictures of the boys & park adventures
* The beauty of growing grass
* A few episodes of Being Mary Jane on Netflix
* Independence Day fireworks
A few songs from Beyonce’s Lemonade Album
Podcasts. I’ll share some of the podcasts I listen to regularly in a future post, so stay tuned. And, in case you’re wondering, this is the app I use to listen to podcasts.
Marc Cohn – Walking in Memphis
* Blogging, lots of blogging. I feel like I’m back into a good rhythm and that makes me happy. I’m definitely discovering and refining some of my systems, which I think has helped. Using my calendar has been wonderful! (Head to this post for a chance to win your own!)
* I’ve also been cooking. I mean, this is nothing new, but I did share a this recipe.
* The boys and I have had some fun in the backyard with water this month. We didn’t get to a water adventure as was a goal of mine for July, but I’m sure we will in August!
* The boys and I came down with a cold and then lingering congestion, so I took a step back to relax. Turns out, we hadn’t changed the air filter in the house in quite some time. Once Hun figured that out, no one has had any issues!
* This month, we also had quite a few eventful days right on top of each other. First, our car went down for a semi-major repair, along with some basic maintenance. Then, Monkey Boy fell off the patio and scraped his side.
* The discovery that something was amiss with Monkey Boy’s eye, to which a trip to the ER was made. Thankfully they were quick about the whole process and it was determined he had a corneal abrasion, which may have happened when he fell earlier that day. A day or two before the fall and ER visit, Hun’s glasses accidentally went through a cycle in the washer. They, of course broke and we couldn’t find the screw. So, although we planned on new glasses soon, we didn’t think it would be this soon. So, we spent an entire Saturday getting an eye exam and finding and purchasing new glasses. And also my Mom took a trip to the ER because of some major chest pains. She wasn’t admitted and seems to be ok now.
* Thankfully, we’d just bought a great body butter mix and I made some new healing, nourishing, and moisturizing body butter lotion! (Recipe coming soon!) Monkey Boy’s terrible scratch has healed up quite nicely using the body butter lotion!
* I enjoy reading. I also enjoy learning. Yet, I have trouble doing either of these on a consistent basis these days. But, I’ve found listening to be easier. I don’t have to be stationary, I can be on a walk with the boys, I can clean, or complete kitchen tasks. I can even listen in the car, if Hun and I aren’t talking, of course!
* In my quest to continue working on my parenting skills, I also listened to Mindful Discipline, thanks to our local library! (That’s also how I read these two parenting books (one & two) last month, by the way!)
What have you been up to this month? I’d love it if you mentioned some of your finds this month in the comments below.