*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
The Seeing, Hearing, Doing, and Reading series was created as a way to share some of the great things I’ve found on the web and in life over the last few weeks. I post this series at or near the end of every month. I hope you find some things in here to spark your thinking, bring some inspiration, or even introduce you to something new and wonderful or exciting.
* Beauty in nature & a waterfall
* The sky & clouds. Oh how I love the sky and clouds!
* Extended family and lots of smiles!
* Also, fun neighborhood walks and park trips with the boys.
* Damien Escobar. This really should also go under seeing, because I almost can’t just listen to him play. I really can’t seem to get enough of him and his talent on the violin. I mean, my musical heart just soars and I get all kinds of goose bumps. This is one of his songs, but he also does covers of other popular R&B and Hip Hop songs. He’s amazing, really and truly!
* Daya’s song Sit Still, Look Pretty. I may not have girls (or at least not yet), but I do believe that girls and women are much more than pretty and quiet. Besides, I like that she says she’s going to rule the world! 😉
* Also, Home by Phillip Phillips
* More and more and more blogging. I’ve spent a good bit of time this month cleaning up SEO on old posts and backing up those individual posts. I’ve also done quite a bit of designing and have decided on fonts, colors, logos, a theme, and templates. I’m so excited to see everything coming together and I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made and certainly feel accomplished.
Here’s a sneak peek of my updated color palette!
* I’ve also found and enjoyed a new coffee, Dunkin Donuts’ Iced Caramel Swirl Latte. It’s pretty tasty and we (mostly) go to the same location. A couple of the employees now know us as soon as we start ordering. And what’s sweet is we’ve gotten more than a few free donuts, just because!
* Learning more about blogging with the book, Blog, Inc. from Joy Deangdeelert Cho, some email lists, and also a few webinars.
* Recently, I found Brene Brown’s first book, I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn’t), through one of our local public libraries and have started reading the digital version.
* Bedtime stories with Monkey Boy. I’m loving our newest routine. It really works wonders and I find I’m much more calm and even feel rested. These are a few of the books we read.
What have you been up to this month? I’d love it if you mentioned some of your finds this month in the comments below. Oh, and let me know what you think of the new design elements I shared!