*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
These last few months of writing down my goals, sharing them with all of you, and then tracking my progress has been awesome! I really wasn’t lying when I said last month that I get a sense of freedom with this goal setting stuff. Even when I don’t achieve all of my goals, I feel better. Plus, the tracking I do in my planner/journal really gives me an additional clue to the progress I’m making. Not to mention, this visual representation helps my Momma self see that I am doing things each day. I don’t know about you, but it’s so hard for me to see all that I really do every day.
This month, I have some really big goals I’m setting this month and I can’t wait to get started! So, without further ado, let’s revisit the goals I set for August and set new goals for September!
Self Care & Development
This area goes at the top of the list because, in essence, everything flows from it. Also, because I think it’s important to ensure good self care, whether you have children or not. I know I feel much better and more alive, awake, free, and creative when I take care of myself. As long as my internal needs are met, I approach everything with a better perspective.
* Although I did workout more days this past month, I’m still not really where I want to be. On the other hand, until our jogger decided to start acting crazy, the boys and I were out for longer and further walks, with a bit of jogging on my part. And, because I do like Kettlebell Burn’s workouts, I had Justin Cox on with a guest post, sharing some tips for getting back to working out. Even more exciting, he agreed to do a live video chat on Facebook to share even more tips. Justin just launched a new program, Reborn, which sounds awesome.
* Water, wasn’t an issue in August. As I mentioned in the post where I shared my daily routine (link here), I drink at least 8-16ozs. of water first thing in the morning. Then, while the boys were out walking/jogging, I typically drank at least another 24-32ozs.
Because I have this routine down now, I don’t think I’ll worry about tracking it in September. Once the seasons change again and it starts getting cold, I may have to track my water intake again.
* Once again, I didn’t get any crocheting done in August. Even though I know I’ll crochet again, I’m bummed I didn’t crochet at all in August. I guess this summer just hasn’t been the season for me to crochet. I’m going to leave this goal in the back of my mind, but definitely not mark it as something I specifically want to do this month.
*Once again, I didn’t actually digitize any handlettering in August. I did work on handlettering some and I wrote a few things in my planner/journal, so I’ll mark this is an accomplishment in August. I hope to do more, at least drafting and working on improving in September.
Family, Relationship, & Home
The 3 most important people in my life today are Hun, Monkey Boy, and Turtle Boy. We might all live together. We might even do many things together. Thankfully, Hun and I have found a few moments here and there throughout the month to connect. Plus, as usual, we spent a little time talking about goals and plans. Nonetheless, I still see room for improvement in order to enhance our relationship, as well as my relationship with the boys.
* In August, I definitely spent some time specifically playing with Monkey Boy and engaging in games he likes. Admittedly, we didn’t much do cars, trucks, and emergency vehicles, opting for dinosaurs, monsters, and robots. Yet, we still had fun and I can see this kind of play getting a little easier for me to enjoy.
The boys are really important to me, so for that reason, I’m keeping this goal for September. I want to become even more consistent and engaged in social media this month.
I noticed that I haven’t read as much to the boy during the day. I’m not actually sure what happened, maybe just our walks and then resting after. Although, the bedtime routine that’s working definitely includes reading. I really enjoy curling up with the boys and reading a few books before we turn off the lights for bed.
* Once again, Hun and I didn’t watch a movie in August. In all honesty though, we actually didn’t try. What we did do was spend some quality time talking, relaxing, and sharing some intimate moments together. The things Hun and I did do felt really great. Looking back at the month, I see that we were both more relaxed in general and felt connected overall throughout the month.
* I’m happy to report that we went on a quick hike, which involved waterfalls and some water play. Stay tuned for a post on this particular adventure. We also took a trip to see extended family we don’t get to visit often enough. Both of these trips went well and we made some great memories.
* Once again, I didn’t complete the outdoor table project. Some things did come up this month, like needing to buy new glasses for Hun sooner than expected, in addition to some unexpected car repairs. Plus, Hun has helped a neighbor and one of our friends with car troubles, as well.
* I am happy to report that our main garden space is in the process of being de-weeded (again)! I’m looking forward to buying and planting a couple things for fall. I don’t know how it will work, or even if I’ll do it right, but I’m certainly going to try!
Blogging and Business
Obviously, blogging is important to me. And, by extension, I have goals that will not only help me to grow my blog, but also to keep me consistent and accountable. In addition, I have some bigger goals I’ve been thinking about when it comes to blogging, the internet, and the general business of things. And, this year, I’d like to see some real progress happen with all of these things.
So, this is an area that I will be working on constantly, but I want to let you all know what’s going on around here.
* I have to admit, I’m really loving the posting schedule I’ve created. It works so well for me and my current life stage of mothering in the trenches. I’ve developed a routine and rhythm that works really well. I’ve made progress as it relates to the rebrand and I’m really excited to get working on the ‘home stretch’. Head over to this post for a quick peek at the new color scheme.
* As always, I’m working on my (smartphone) photography and I’ve also started working more heavily on editing photos that need it. Photography is a continuous work in progress, but I’m willing to put in the energy and work to improve.
* I still have some work to do when it comes to engaging in social media. I’ve made some progress and improvements, but I know I still have a long way to go. I definitely need to start utilizing Pinterest more and thanks to a recent IBA Bloggers chat, I feel armed with great information to improve.
I also need to engage in Facebook groups again. My plate was quite full this month, so I didn’t engage as much as I have previously and I definitely miss it!
Plus, I have a goal to do a couple more Facebook Live posts this month. I’m nervous, excited, and scared, but I really want to try! Make sure you sign up to follow me on Facebook so you don’t miss when I do make a live post!
And that, my friends, concludes my list of both accomplishments and improvements from August, plus my goals for September!
I think last month’s reminder will be ever more important this month, as I work really hard on the blog changes. To that end, I will definitely keep in mind to be easy with myself, remain present, set limits and intentions, take small steps, relax and have fun.
What are some of the goals you achieved last month? What are some goals you’d like to work on this month? Let’s encourage and support one another with tips, suggestions, and support by sharing together! Also, since I want to start a fall garden, give me any tips and tricks you have to make it successful.
And, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter (below) or follow me on Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post!