*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
September has certainly been a busy month, even if a bit unbalanced. I enjoy writing this series every month because it’s not only a way for me to look back, but also a way to give you more glimpses into my world and the journey I’m traveling. Besides, I often find something new, exciting, or inspirational. I really love sharing things that spark me in some way.
This month has definitely been unbalanced and I’ve spent more time feeling off than on. In fact, Hun and I have had a few conversations about how unbalanced things are. I hope that next month things become a bit more rhythmic again.
* This month we had forest adventures. In fact, we traveled the furthest we’ve gone in awhile, 4 hours! It was great. We did a little bit of hiking, some history, and (of course) water play.
* I also spent some time at Home Depot with my guys. We picked up a bit of wood for a shelf project in the garage and then used the leftover wood to start on the boys’ closet project.
* This month, I’ve even gone back to a bit of Heartland watching on Netflix. I don’t remember where I left off some time ago, so I started at season 5. I enjoy the show, so it’s a small indulgence. I haven’t done any binge watching though.
*September also saw our jogging stroller fixed! I’m very excited that Hun came up with a solution and now it’s really like new. This definitely means the boys and I can go on walks again, just in time for slightly cooler afternoon temperatures!
* With the projects going on, I got to hear saws cutting the wood and some drilling. I always have loved the sound a saw makes as it brakes at the end of a cut. There’s a very distinctive ring and I just love it.
*I also heard lots of screeching and screaming this month. Between Turtle Boy screeching when he’s upset, the boys loud screaming as they play, and my frustrated yelling, it was certainly a loud month. We spent too much time indoors, but that will soon change!
*Even though the summer is definitely winding down, we also heard this song while we were in the car a time or two this month. It’s certainly like a classic to Hun and I.
* I have been hard at work on the blog. Between finishing up the design aspects, changing a few plugins, writing, and participating in hops consistently I’m just about ready to launch the improved site. In fact, I’m a bit nervous about it all, but I’ve definitely been working hard.
* I’ve also spent some time this month on the garden. Since I didn’t get around to planting in Spring, I figured I’d plant a bit for the Fall. Just over half the garden has been de-weeded again and is ready for some seeds. I should be getting that done this weekend.
* I have also been busy thinking up ideas related to house and internet projects. Now, to get these things done will take a little more time and effort.
* One thing I’ve definitely had a lot of has been coffee from Dunkin Donuts.
*Honestly, there’s been nothing happening in this area. In fact, I didn’t even finish the Brene Brown book or the parenting book I checked out at the library this month.
*Along with blogging, I’ve done a bit of reading in that area – improving, tips, tricks, and other great bloggers. Of course, I’m still reading my favorite blogs, too. Click on the links below and check a few of them out!
Tamara of Tamara Like Camera
Beth of Our Pretty Little Girls
Lux of About Life and Love
Tiffany of A Touch of Grace
Meghan of The Adventure Starts Here