*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
Hun loves French Vanilla Coffee Creamer. I hate that he buys the powder stuff at the store with all the nasty ingredients in it. He likes things quick and easy in the morning as he rushes off to work. So, naturally I went searching for a recipe. Thankfully I found a few different recipes. Many of those recipes called for canned sweetened condensed milk, which I don’t want to buy. So, instead, I decided to make my own sweetened condensed milk (included in this recipe).
Making this French Vanilla Coffee Creamer is a really simple recipe and I’ve found just the right balance of sugar and vanilla for Hun’s taste. In fact, the first time I made it and let him taste, his response was, “Wow! That’s better than that other (unnamed) coffee creamer.” Of course, my homemaking heart sung at his comment and I swooned over his affections!
1. Measure out 14-16 ozs. whole milk.
2. Measure out 2/3 cup sugar.
3. Place milk & sugar in medium sized pot and let simmer on very low for 2 hours. You should seen the steam come off if you look closely. This is the process of reducing the water content of the milk, thereby making sweetened condensed milk.
3. Add 3 Tbsp. butter to milk in pot. Stir until completely melted.
4. Add 2 tsp. vanilla. (like this one)
5. Measure another 16 ozs. whole milk. Add to pot and stir to incorporate.
6. Pour into glass jars, label, and refrigerate.
Congratulations, you now have a nice and easy indulgent coffee creamer!
I really like the ease of this recipe. Not to mention, while it’s steaming on the stove, I have 2 hours to spend on other things. Like playing with the boys, spending time outside, cleaning, or even crochet while watching a movie! Honestly, I’ve whipped this up at night with no problem. Hun uses it every morning in his coffee before work with a couple teaspoons of sugar.
This recipe makes just about 24ozs. of creamer. It keeps well in the door of our refrigerator for about a week and a half. Remember to shake before using each time.
Have you ever made homemade creamer? What are your favorite creamer flavors? What other additions do you add in coffee?