*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
I’m letting the cat out of the bag here in the beginning. September month didn’t go very well. I’m not entirely sure why, but I’ve been wasting more time than not. I’ve also really struggled with routines. Different things led us to being off our routine and I’ve really had difficulty in re-establishing them. I will say though, in the last few days, that’s gotten much better. Maybe it’s the kick that October is here or maybe I’m finally ready.
Nonetheless, my goals are still important, so let me review my (lack of) progress and set some new ones for October.
Self Care & Development
Not only were our routines off in September, I also really struggled with self care. When I look back at it, I haven’t worked out since the beginning of the month. Uggh! In that time, I’ve also struggled a bit more with my appearance and the weight I’m holding onto since Turtle Boy’s birth. Usually I hold some for breastfeeding, but Turtle Boy will be 1 soon and I still can’t get into almost all of my pants.
* I’m not one to diet, though I do believe in healthy eating. I make a lot of homemade breads, biscuits, and tortillas, so maybe this is contributing to my weight issue. Either way, my fitness is really important to me, so I’m definitely getting back on that track this month. I know as the weather gets cooler, I may struggle even more, so getting back to it now will help to establish the habit better.
With that said, I plan to work out at least 3 times a week. I’ll be using Kettlebell Burn and MomsIntoFitness programs. I just may start some Pilates, as well. I will be using this book. I’ve used it before and really loved it, so I’ll use it again.
The boys now have new slippers for when it gets cooler. I’m making some bright socks for me which I’ll likely use in conjunction with a pair of new slippers, too. Hun still has his slippers from last year.
*I’ve been so off our routines, I haven’t spent much time in creativity at all in September. So, for October, I definitely want to spend more time on this. My goal is to spend a little time on hand lettering in my journal again this month.
Family, Relationship, & Home
Of course, my guys are a huge part of my life. I really am so very grateful to have the three of them and they truly make my life more whole. Spending my time and energy on each of them is so important. Providing a nice home and tasty, wholesome food is all part of that.
* Last month, we had some great family adventures! We took a trip to a national park out of state and spent the day exploring, learning, and playing in the river.
* I really struggled with playing and reading to the boys in September. October will be better, I’m claiming it now! Getting back to our routines will definitely help. My not wasting time on mindless activities will be the biggest part of ensuring consistent play time and reading with the boys happens.
* Hun and I struggle in getting time to ourselves, but we managed to carve out a little bit here and there. In fact, I even shared the ways we keep our relationship strong (link here), despite not getting any time away.
*We’ve had quite a bit of rain which has completely disrupted my getting into the garden to finish de-weeding it. It’s getting really late though, so I’m not sure we’ll have enough time to grow something.
*Hun’s birthday is this month and though he doesn’t want to do anything special (he never does), I’m still going to do something. I’m not sure what just yet, but I’ll definitely come up with something.
Blogging and Business
I’m intent on growing this blog and expanding my community through blogging. I’ve had a great time the last couple months as I’ve consistently published posts and worked in the background a bit. With blogging, there’s always so much, so setting goals and working on them every day is very important to me.
* The blog has a new look. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.
* I’m really working on upping my blogging game and have even been accepted into a few new affiliate programs, which is very exciting! I plan to keep up with the image templates I’ve created and engage more on social media. I’m actually thinking of focusing more on 2 social media platforms (Instagram & Facebook).
* I didn’t meet my goal of doing any Facebook live posts. I definitely will do some this month, though. Actually, I’m planning on doing one this week, so make sure you’re following me so you don’t miss it! I’m so nervous, but I’m intent on starting!
And that, my friends, is the recap on all that didn’t happen in September and my goals for October!
What are some of the goals you achieved last month? What are some goals you’d like to work on this month? Let’s encourage and support one another with tips, suggestions, and support by sharing together! Also, since I want to start a fall garden, give me any tips and tricks you have to make it successful.
And, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter (below) or follow me on Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post!