*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through, I may earn a small commission. Your price will never be affected by my affiliate link. On occasion, I also write sponsored posts, which help to run the blog as well. I thank you for supporting this space, so I can continue to share my journey and our family adventures. For more information, please visit the full disclosure here*
Oh boy oh boy! I’m honestly dreading even making goals for December. Since the holidays are this month, I actually think it’s even more important to set some goals. To not make any goals for December, for me, would be the equivalent of spending an entire month running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I mean, seriously, there are so many things that can and likely will happen this month. Not making any goals means so much more will simply not get done. And, that, my friends, is unacceptable, at least to me!
So, here goes for a quick recap of what goals I did accomplish in November.
– Drinking water consistently. I didn’t track my intake, but I have been quite cognizant of drinking at least 2 or 3 bottles a day. This would be around 60ozs, which is just under how much I need to drink, but still not bad considering the cooler temperatures.
– Read (or rather, listened to) Rob Bell’s Love Wins.
– Began the new work at home position and the boys have been in care the days I’m working. So far, things are going well.
– Slow cooker meals have definitely happened! Thankfully, none of our meals were too watery (my fear) or were lacking in flavor!
– Office organization. Well, it’s probably about at 60-70%, so that’s not bad. Considering where we started, the fact that we have two (ever so helpful) boys, and I work 40+ hours sitting in one place, this is definitely an accomplishment.
– I did attend Blogalicious, my first blogging conference! And a really great time I had. I’m excited for next year’s conference and eager to continue building relationships in 2017!
– I also spoke to a fellow Mom, Blogger, and business owner about some ideas and help I would like to get with the blog. I’m looking forward to talking with her more and seeing what plans we come up with!
In looking back over my goals for November, I’m a little surprised myself at the things that I accomplished. It definitely helped me notice some things I forgot I’d achieved. But, since December is the last month of the year and many different celebrations and events happen around the holidays, I know I need to go easy on the goal setting. Overall, I’m still working on not cramming everything into a few weeks, which is definitely hard for this overachiever to do.
Nonetheless, I’m limiting myself to no more than 3 goals in each area this month! That way, things remain achievable, and I can still enjoy the holidays without stressing over my goals.
Self Care & Development
* Although I didn’t finish the socks I started working on for myself, I am going to work on them a little here and there this month. I may not finish the completely, but doing just a little will definitely feel good.
* Since I’m tied to a desk inside during the day, I’m going to make a point to step outside for a few minutes just to breathe some fresh air. With the cooler temperatures, I may not spend much time, but a walk to the mailbox, compost bin, or just on the patio for a minute will do me well.
* I definitely need to take a bit of time to myself. Whether it’s just a nice hot shower/bath, a little bit of extra rest or sleep, or a walk around the block. This month, I need to make sure I take time for myself to reflect, feel, rest and think.
Family, Relationship, & Home
* Our Family Command Center still isn’t up. This just might be the month, though. We need to find a few materials and then I can start working on it. Besides, it’ll be a nice way for me to use some of my creative energy that I can then share with my guys, while I’m home alone multiple times a week.
* Spend some time with extended family and friends! There are some quite dear friends of mine I haven’t seen or talked to in almost a year and I miss them so much. I would love to get together with a least a couple of them this month. And, with holiday activities on the horizon, we just might have the opportunity to see them in person!
* On my days off from work during the week, I plan to spend most of the time just hanging out with the boys. Some days we’ll go on a walk/bike ride or up to the park, other days we might do activities in the house, or just rest and relax. The point is, I plan to spend many of the hours of those days just being with them!
Blogging and Business
* Plan and publish at least 2 posts a week throughout the month. Plan posts/topic ideas for January and February.
* Get solid goals and plans in place for 2017! Create strategy and ideas to reach goals in each quarter of 2017!
* Secure some partnerships that will help me make solid goals, plan, strategies, and implement it all.
* Bonus goal: Keep having fun with blogging and connecting with others!
Have you set any goals or intentions for December? Are you excited to end 2016 and begin 2017? What are some of the ways you use to track, plan, and achieve your goals?
And, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter (below) or follow me on Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post!